Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello Friends!


Welcome to paper + sky: a gathering place for what could be about twelve different blogs. This is going to be a little bit of everything, photography, stories, thoughts, etc...because let's be honest, I don't know that much about any one thing.(jack(ie) of all trades, master of none).

I hesitate a little to start a blog, partially because there are sooo many already, partially because it seems a bit like flaunting my diary around, partially because I don’t want to become obsessed with numbers of readers and comments and affirmation. 

But I'm excited too, to actually write something instead of talking about it for another ten years. All of authors I have talked to have encouraged me to try and take the risk and see if I actually like it. 

Why paper + sky? Why not, really? I was doing a craft show this may, and needed a name to launch some new creative endeavors, thus paper + sky was born. What started as gypsyjac photography has morphed into paper + sky, lest the term gypsy conjured up too much unhygienic rattiness for you. However, if the word gypsy instead brings images of johnny depp playing river music in the film chocolat, then by all means, call me a gypsy. 


So, here goes nothing! I also happen starting a new season of life right about now, full of risks and the great unknown, so keeping a blog to document some of it seems like a good idea. All of the newness feels a bit like the first day of summer and a bit like the first moments of a panic attack all at the same time. Good times! Glad you are along for the ride. 

thanks for stopping by. let's be friends. 



2 comments:

  1. Good times, indeed. Your description of newness hits pretty close to home! Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie,
    you write beautifully & we are blessed that you took this step of faith to start a new blog. Keep running the race and blessing hearts!
    In His grace - Paulette

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs