Saturday, March 8, 2014

Back to The Golden State

It is crazy to believe that a decade ago, I made the 3,000 mile trek across america to california. I remember being so nervous to navigate the maze of freeways after driving in rural illinois and so unsure how I was going to make it in LA. Although it was quite the learning curve, the golden state did creep its way into my heart. It's been fun to be back and discover new places and reconnect with old friends. 

Here is the idyllic Marin Headlands....almost like Ireland if you squint a bit and imagine a Guinness in your hand. 
It is amazing to me how beautiful the golden gate bridge is.....you would think that after a few times, one would be blase about this view. But, alas, like the norwegian fjords, you can not be blase about the golden gate bridge. It is ridiculously stunning in its simplicity. 
We spent a gloriously warm day wandering around the city. It's so interesting to walk between the neighborhoods and be transported from china to italy in a few blocks. Apparently there is this thing with wild parrots in the city, which I am going to investigate further. There is something about san francisco that makes you want to find out about weird things. 
These two have graciously taken me in as a vagabond....even giving me a shelf in the bathroom, which I do not take for granted. That is no small sacrifice. I am exceedingly thankful for all the friends along the way, and all the ways they have served and loved and encouraged me. This adventure would not be possible without them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs